Sunday 19 June 2011

Another Market Bag And A Summer Hat

Another Market bag hot off the needles tonight! I'm pleased with it. I used Patons Sorbet on 6mm needles. I ended up with 21 stitches per dpn for the base with 24 pattern repeats for the main body of the bag. The top band is 4 ridges and the handle is 42 ridges. I used a 3 needle cast off to join the handle. I may use a kitchener stitch next time. And there will be a next time! Mum has grand plans for these bags, judging by the amount of yarn she has bought to make them! This one took from 4 days to complete. Mainly evenings. So they are quick and easy to do.
Last night I was gettting a bit fed up with it, I think too much orange and counting the frogged bag it was the third bag I have done in a row. I'm not fed up with it, and wasn't tonight. Perhaps it was because the end was in sight. I'm eager to cast on another in a different yarn, a tape sort (I can't remember the name of the yarn) to see how it comes out.
I bought the new 'Knit' magazine today and I have fell in love with a hat pattern. I haven't felt this fired up about a pattern for a very long time. I wanted to dive into my stash to see what I could use, I had a few things in mind. I want to use my stash rather than buy, if possible. I asked HK if he could open the barn for me (at 8pm) so I could go rummaging. I was then gently reminded by HK that I aready had some knitting on the go, and that I should really wait till I'd finised and have a look tomorrow. Perhaps that was my motivation for finishing the Market Bag. But I sooooo want to make this hat. It's similar to a straw hat, but it's lacy and made in 4ply cotton in a round. I just know that this time tomorrow I'll have started it. I just hope I have the right size needles - 3.25mm dpn's and circular. I may detect a cloud on the horizon. I shall check my sock needles, got to have something there. I'm excited.

No comments: