Thursday 16 April 2009

Amy Swensons Stolen Moments Shawl - Secret Sisters KAL

On Ravelry, I'm a member of the Secret Sisters Yah Yah Club. A KAL (Knit-a-long)
has begun - The patterns is Amy Swensons Stolen Moments Shawl. Unfortunatley due to geographics, I'm not able to join in person some of the other Sisters on Saturday to participate in the KAL in person!

I'm using a slightly different gauge - mainly as I wanted to use something from my stash. I dug deep and found some Wendy Fusion. As mentioned in the pattern, it works well in any thickness of yarn. The colours are bright and spring/Summer like - bright oranges, yellows, reds and a fresh green. So here's me about to start yesterday. Yarn at the ready, pattern downloaded and to hand and the ubiquitous cup of tea! The needles are 'American Holly' from Books, Yarn and More. I'm a member of their Monthly Needle Club.

I spent last evening knitting the start of the shawl. This is it so far! I'm happy with it. It will have to be blocked when it's finished. When!
I'm looking forward to seeing it grow and seeing how all the colours come out. I might re-name the colour way as 'Spring Fire', perhaps, perhaps not! Definitley looking forward to knitting it, then wearing it!

No comments: