Thursday 4 December 2008

Knitterati in the Snow

I went to the Monthly Knitterati yesterday. The roads were hazardous at best. Three quarters of the journey was driven at 15 miles an hour, due to ice and snow. The snow wasn't deep, but well covered the roads. Arriving at Great Gate, I was guided on the car park by Carol's husband. When I got out of the car, he said,"Flood, fire and volcanoes won't stop some of you coming here to knit!" I really couldn't argue with that! I bustled into the house declaring 'I need a Brandy!' I settled for tea instead!

The journey back was better, plus I was in a convoy of three vehicles.

On the way back, I stopped at a down hill junction. In front of me I could see fields and hedgerows covered with snow. The winter sunshine was bright and casting long shadows. On the radio, Ultravox's 'Vienna'. An absolutely beautiful moment. I was glad I had to stop at the junction, otherwise I'd have missed it.

No comments: