Monday 10 November 2008

Shawls, cloths and mittens!

I've done a fair bit of knitting over the last couple of weeks, mainly because I've had Urticaria and not been able to go to work. Good job I've got a stash! These mittens are Noro Cash Island and soo soft - much recommended yarn. Not that I brought some more to do more gloves, scarves and hats. Ahem. The pattern is taken from the Noro Mini Designs - a very useful book! I still find mittens difficult to wear but I shall persevere!

I started making my first shawl on Wednesday at Knitterati, in between eating loads and loads of cake! The yarn is Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn, done on 5mm circulars. The pattern is from Lionbrand - easy triangle shawl, I think. I must say, I am very pleased with how it is coming along, although the rows now are getting a bit long, if you know what I mean! A friend has done this shawl and she said she got up to a bout 300 stitches per row! I think I may have kickstarted a 'shawl thing' in me, although I'm still getting a sock calling.....

Over Halloween Weekend, I wanted to do some themed cloths, so this is what I came up with. The patterns I got from Ravelry. The pinky purple one has a bat on it and the orange has a pumpkin. They would look better in single colour, but this is the nearest I had!




I've also made a Grrlfirend Market Bag - and used it! It's quite surprising how far they do stretch. I will make more, as they look good and are well worth the effort. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture, so for now You shall have to take my word for it!
I'm sure I've made other things........ oh yes! Not one pair of Fetchings, but two! The first pair I used Debbie Bliss Donegal Aran Tweed, which was a little too chunky, and have been pinched by HobbitKeeper, along with a promise of a black pair for work. For the second pair I used Jaegar Merino. It gave a much better finish and more noticeable picot edging. This pair I put in a Ravelry Swap parcel. I may make myself another pair, but then again I may make some with fingers in as it's that time of year where my fingers need to be warm! No doubt come spring, I will have a veritable collection of gloves and mittens, with and without fingers!

2 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

Wow! You are getting a lot of knitting done. I love the mittens. Very colorful.
I have used Noro. I thought they felt a little scratchy. I have not used Noro cash island.

CarpeDyem said...

the noro does vary alot from type to type. the cash island is very soft as is the silk garden and blossom. i just have a thing for noro.....