Friday 29 August 2008

Square Base Bag

I decided, as a follow on to the bucket bag, to do a Square Base Bag. I'm pleased with it so far. I wanted it to be quite big when finished. I've not felted using the Twilley's Freedom before, althoug I know it felts very well. I'd like to do a similar base in a thinner yarn, so as to fit in more stripes of colour and emphasise the sqaureness.



This is the square base The Monster so far!! It is very big, I'm planning to do another cream and chocolate stripe then do the handles, then keep my fingers crossed that it will fit in the washing machine haha! It's taken just over 12 balls so far.......



I'm quite taken up with this yarn and the Freedom Spirit, which is a double knit yarn and felts fabulously. I'm hoping to get this monster finished over the next week, so watch this space!

No comments: